We are so excited to have industry expert and lead planner of Littles n’ Lace Events, Marie Luciano, share with us today the top 5 things you should know before hiring a wedding planner:
- Firstly, a Venue Coordinator is NOT the same as a Wedding Planner. Many venues advertise that they have an on-site coordinator and they really do, but an on-site coordinator’s job is to take care of the venue and make sure everyone is following their policies. If you hire a wedding planner, she is your team player and not the venue’s; she makes sure your needs are met as a priority throughout the planning process.
- Hiring a wedding planner should be considered an investment toward your wedding and your health. If you find the right planner that has a clear understanding of your vision, it can be extremely beneficial to your stress levels by presenting you with targeted wedding design options from research and experience. Additionally, a planner who keeps your wedding planning checklist and day of timelines in order, while you go about your daily life duties is a huge relief for most brides to be.
- We help you plan YOUR wedding, we DON’T make it are own. A big misconception about wedding planners is we plan your whole wedding and you don’t have any say, but it is quite the opposite. Your wedding planner is there to give you suggestions, but ultimately you always make the final decision at the end of the day. If you have a great wedding planner they’ll give you ideas or tips that you may have never thought of yourself.
- There is no such thing as “Day Of.” Day of is a term that has been jumbled up into couples thinking your planner will just come on the day of their wedding and put it all together. In reality, there are still months of planning before hand and helping our clients get the last minute details complete and ready for their wedding day. Wedding Planners are transitioning to using the term ‘Month Of’ & believe me it is actually a better deal than you think and we still help on your wedding day.
- Lastly, in the long run, you will save money and time. Wedding planners are not the ones to haggle down other wedding vendors, but the relationships we have built over the years are vital to our business and our preferred vendors feel the same way. Many planners have built a relationship with them and some vendors honor that will offer preferred rates for our clients. Many times wedding planners save their clients so much they pay for themselves.
A wedding planner’s job is to make our client’s life easier, stress-free, and give you that dream wedding you have been thinking about ever since you got engaged! I hope this has helped if you had any questions about wedding planners.